23.1.14

Tip: Ripped Jeans 101

I love a good ripped pair of jeans. In fact, I'm wearing my favourite ones as we speak (remember them?) They are one of the most comfortable and versatile jeans trans-seasonal piece, but that doesn't mean they can go with anything! So here are the do's and don't's of wearing ripped denim:

DO keep it balanced:


When sporting ripped jeans, always keep the outfit balanced in terms of silhouettes. If your jeans are baggy (like Selena's), wear them with a tight top, if they're tight (like the dark ones above), wear them with an oversized shirt.

DON'T show too much skin on top
Be careful with the skin ratio. Huge rips and a crop top runs the risk of channeling a different vibe than the one we're looking for, here.

DO consider the occassion
Always consider the occasion when pulling out your distressed jeans. Usually, dark wash jeans with small rips are more socially acceptable. So keep your casual ripped denim away from dressy occasions.

DON'T be afraid to wear them with heels

Never be afraid to balance the distressiness and casuality with a pair of gorgeous feminine high heels. 

How do you wear your ripped jeans?

Connect with me via: 



9 comments:

  1. Great pics! Love OP's look, as stylish as usual. I've wearing a pair of black ripped jeans for years. They are so cute!

    Jasmine xx For a Real Woman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post and cool photos!

    www.timolove.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love ripped jeans!!! :D Definitely my fave ones :D
    xoxo

    Novelstyle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like how ripped jeans look in these inspiration outfits, but I am afraid I couldn't pull them off as well. I particularly like them with heels. Thanks for the visit doll.....Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wanting ripped jeans for the longest time! :( great post

    GIRL ABOUT TOWN BLOG
    LIKE MY BLOG ON FACEBOOK :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ripped jeans with heals are the best things!! Thanks for the tips!
    http://www.mybrokeneggshells.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow I love Olivia Palermo's take on it! so chic!

    http://www.pinkoolaid.com/

    ReplyDelete