23.6.14

Summer Hair Fixes

Although I recently jumped on the short-hair bandwagon, and chopped off my beautiful long locks (pic coming up soon, I promise!) However, I, too, still suffer from that horrible summer heat! The greasiness, the sweatiness and the stickiness are all truly pains in the butt! Luckily, the problem we ladies (with thick hair) have to deal with every year is about to come to an end - and no, I'm not saying this with a giant electric shaver held up in my hand, but cute hair-ties and bobby-pins!
Check out my go-to summer-hair fixes below:

High Ponytail with a Twist
Not only does this easy hairstyle take the hair away from your face and the back of your neck, and it still looks cute and pulled together. Step-by-step tutorial here.

Braided Into a Bun
A messy bun on its own is overrated - add a french braid for a little extra something a la Jessica Alba. You can find the tutorial here.

Milkmaid Braids
This hairstyle perfectly combines my love for Lolita and braids. Easily create this look by separating your hair into two sections, braiding them both and pulling them up together over your crown, securing them with bobby pins. Here's a step-by-step pictorial.

Tuck and Cover
I believe this is actually the easiest and least time-consuming hairstyle on the list. All you have to do is tuck strands of hair into your headband and voila! Click here for a more detailed guide.

What are your go-to summer hair fixes?

6 comments:

  1. i love the tuck and cover trick but it doesn't work with long hair :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to work with me, and I had my hair a bit past my waist. But then again, it would only hold for a few hours. :( It's a great heatless curling technique, by the way!

      Delete
  2. Did you seriously cut off your hair? :o Can't wait to see.
    Really great sugestions. Too bad I'm awful at hairdos xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this fabulous hair inspiration, I need to master styling each of these styles. Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love all photos :)
    www.chilishake.it

    ReplyDelete